Full Mouth Restoration Procedures Performed at 172 NYC Dental
Full mouth reconstruction is a broad term that covers a variety of services. Depending on the oral health issues we are addressing, your treatment may include one solution or a combination of several different dental procedures.
First and foremost, our team will work together to develop a proper diagnosis and treatment approach. Using precise diagnostic techniques such as panoramic X-ray, dental Cat-scan, Itero 3-dimensional scanning, virtual models, we can determine the steps required to restore your overall oral health and provide aesthetically pleasing results.
Some of the most common services involved with a full mouth restoration process include:
- Dental implants along with implant crowns or bridges to restore missing teeth
- Full mouth implants, such as all-on-4 or implant-supported dentures to restore an edentulous mouth
- Dental crowns or veneers to strengthen teeth weakened by fracture or decay
- Ceramic onlays to restore proper teeth bite
- Gum or bone grafts to restore areas where gum or bone is deficient
- Dental deep cleaning or osseous surgery to address moderate to severe gum disease
- Invisalign (clear aligners) orthodontic treatment
When a patient comes to 172 NYC Dental with complex dental needs they will be treated with the utmost care, concern, and expertise. We will listen to their problems, their expectations, and their fears. We will with their participation develop a treatment plan suited intimately to that patient. We will offer a variety of solutions depending on their overall health, age, condition of mouth, esthetics desires, functional needs, and finances.
On Full Mouth Rehabilitation Cases we believe in a team approach. The restorative cosmetic dentist is a prosthodontist. This dentist is the team’s captain. This dentist oversees the entire case and works with specific specialists to achieve a brilliant and coordinated result. 172 NYC Dental has specialists in all fields of dentistry. They will orchestrate a beautiful, harmonious, and functioning smile to you. The prosthodontist is the conductor of our dental symphony.
Prosthodontist: a dentist who specializes in the replacement of missing structures in the mouth. This includes teeth, gum, bone, and vertical dimension. This dentist has had advanced training in cosmetics, occlusion, dental materials, implant restorations, implant-supported dentures, crowns, veneers, and onlays. They look at your face, eye color, hair color to determine the shape and shade of your final restoration (teeth). They are responsible for your complete satisfaction with your treatment.
Periodontist: a dentist who specializes in treating the gum and bone of a patient’s jaw. We must have sound bones and gums in order to support the implants and bridges that are to be made. This dentist will solve any lingering infections, bleeding and bad breath. The periodontist is a surgeon who can perform gingival grafts, rebuild bone, perform crown lengthening procedures, extract teeth, and place implants. He develops the important foundation that gives strength and longevity to the final restoration. In very rare cases that require orthognathic surgery, he will consult with a maxillofacial surgeon.
Invisalign (orthodontist): a dentist with the aid of clear trays (aligners) can gently and efficiently move crooked teeth back into proper position and esthetic harmony. Sometimes negating the need for extensive crowns.
Endodontist: a dentist who specializes in root canal therapy (RCT). By removing the infection from a diseased pulp (nerve) this dentist immediately relieves the pain associated with an abscessed tooth. The endodontist allows the restorative dentist to use the now healthy root to support a core and crown. This too negates the need for implants.
Options for Restorations in Full Mouth Dental Reconstruction NYC
- Full Upper or Full Lower Dentures: these are removable appliances that restore all the teeth in the arch. They are extremely esthetic. Treatment is done quickly and is inexpensive compared to implant dentistry. These prostheses lie in the mouth and are held by the patient’s muscles and the skill of the dentist in extending the borders to their proper position. Patients do lose a degree function when compared to natural teeth and implants.
- Implant supported dentures: These are removable appliances that replace all the teeth in the arch. They are very esthetic as they replace teeth and missing bone. The dentures clip onto two to four implants which gives the appliance increased retention. This leads to more physical and emotional comfort for our patients. There is an increase in expenditure to cover the cost of the implants.
- Four on the floor: four implants hold a fixed bridge (that is screwed into the implants) and does not come out. The bridge replaces all the teeth in the mouth. The patient now has great functionality and security with this appliance. The patient must be made aware to keep these appliances very clean. Proper oral hygiene is essential
- Implant crown and bridges: with concern to full mouth dental rehabilitation, full mouth dental implants is the gold standard of care. In this case implants are used to replace each tooth that is missing (implant crowns). In some cases two implants are used to replace two-three missing teeth (implant supported fixed bridge). These restorations restore the naturalness of one’s own teeth. Complete function, esthetics, speech and self confidence is completely restored. Patients can eat, speak, floss and kiss with no reservations. These restorations are brilliant and come with a financial commitment.
- Porcelain crowns and onlays: In these cases the patient’s original teeth remain. Many times these teeth are broken and require root canal therapy. Our cosmetic dentists with knowledge and use of the finest porcelain materials (Emax, Zirconia) will restore the teeth to beautiful form and function. These restoration are not invasive, last a long time and are relatively inexpensive compared to implant therapy.
Cost and Insurance Coverage
Most Full Mouth Reconstruction cases involve all the teeth in the mouth. Each case is unique. Each patient’s needs differ greatly from case to case. 172 NYC Dental accepts all PPO insurances. Thus the fees of the patient’s insurance company determine the cost of the case. Usually, there is a yearly deductible and a yearly limit as to what the insurance company will pay. 172 NYC Dental has expert treatment coordinators to maximize our patient’s coverage over two years worth of coverage. Most cases take six to twelve months to complete. Additionally, we have developed payment plans to help our patients. So our patients can experience brilliant, life-altering care while meeting all their financial requirements. Our philosophy has been to participate with the PPO insurance companies. These fees are in the 50% of our community. We strive and take pride that our care, our finished smiles are in the 98% of excellent work in our city.
If we are maintaining your natural teeth, and your cost of work exceeds $5,000 (which is usual) we will automatically Zoom whiten your teeth at no charge. We care about you. We care about beautiful smiles, function, comfort, and security. These cases do produce magnificent smiles, they improve facial contour, profiles, fill out faces, reduce puppet lines and wrinkles (by restoring proper vertical dimension and arch form). They make our patients look younger and feel younger at the same time. Vitality is restored to the face and the psyche at the same time. Full mouth reconstruction is the ultimate accomplishment for our office. It is what we do, it is what we excel in.