Invisalign Treatment Options for New York City Patients
Dr. Sang (Ben) Ahn is highly skilled at achieving incredible results for our patients. In fact, very few people are not a candidate for this type of orthodontic treatment. Clear aligners can help address many different malocclusion problems, including:
- Crowded teeth: Many times when one grinds his teeth (bruxism), the teeth will shift. We typically observe crowded lower anterior teeth. Differences in the size of the upper and lower jaw and the poor ratio of the size of teeth to the size of the arch will lead to crowding. Usually, teeth are too big with respect to the circumference of the arch which is typically too small.
- Gaps: We observe gaps in teeth for many reasons; extracted teeth, congenitally missing teeth, a large labial frenum, a large arch (jaw), small teeth in relation to jaw size, broken teeth, periodontal disease, and poor restorations
- Overbites: In this case, the upper front teeth protrude or stick out disproportionately to the lower teeth. This may occur from habits such as thumb sucking or tongue thrusting. In infants, if they are kept on a bottle or pacifier too long. Many times we observe that the lower jaw is too small in relation to the upper jaw
- Crossbites: This condition may be genetic. Oral habits like thumb sucking or abnormal swallowing can apply pressure to teeth. When we are young and our bone is pliable these pressures can distort the bite so that the upper teeth are inside of the lower teeth
- Open bites: There are two types of open bite, anterior and posterior. Anterior open bites occur when the back teeth touch (upon closing) yet the front (anterior) don’t touch leaving a space. Posterior open bite occurs when front teeth touch and the posterior teeth do not. Many times these problems are dental in origin, ie. delayed tooth eruption, oral habits; if so Invisalign is very effective in correcting this problem. In a small number of cases, this problem is skeletal and may involve surgical intervention
- Underbites: This is a malocclusion that occurs when the lower teeth protrude in front of the upper teeth. It gives a “bulldog-like” appearance. Most underbites are genetic problems. Severe conditions may need surgical intervention. Dr. Ahn is uniquely trained to treat many of these cases with invisible retainers (Invisalign).
Invisalign Cost in NYC
Invisalign is an investment in one’s health. The ratio of the cost to life long results is simply priceless. Fees are based on several factors, location of practice, the expertise level of the doctor, length of treatment, the complexity of the case. Invisalign has instituted the Express case for very simple limited treatment plans. Thus costs may range from $1,800-$7,500 In NYC the average cost of a complete Invisalign case is $6,500. In our office, we are happy to announce that an NYC Invisalign case, completed is $5,950.
But that’s not all!! In our office, we have some incredible amazing inclusions
- Complimentary consult
- Treatment with nationally renowned Invisalign expert, Dr. Sang (Ben) Ahn
- Complimentary tooth whitening during treatment
- Cutting edge instrumentation using Itero 3D Scanner
- FREE unlimited refinements for Full Invisalign case
- FREE Vivera Retainers ($750 value)
Our office wants to work with you in making your NYC Invisalign experience as “painless” as possible. We have found that the major reason for our patients not going forward with their treatment is affordability. So we have developed a comprehensive plan to make this part of your treatment as pleasant as the rest of your work.
- We accept most PPO plans ie. Cigna, Aetna, Guardian, Delta Dental It is important to check if your plan has orthodontic coverage, check what age groups are covered, look to see what the orthodontic lifetime benefit is (usually around $1,000-$1,500. Check to see if there has been a change in coverage, if you changed or lost your job or if your employer has changed the policy
- We accept FSA (flex spending benefits)
- We accept HSA (health savings account)
- In office interest free payment plans
- Third party financing (Care Credit)
- All major credit cards
Our Invisalign Specialist
Another reason that might make people hesitate with Invisalign treatment is that they mistakenly fear extractions. In the past, some dentists recommended single tooth or multiple teeth extractions to create space. Welcome to the New World of orthodontics. Dr. Ahn uses a gentle conservative approach called IPR (Interproximal Reduction). In his expert hands, he will gently recontour the sides of the appropriate teeth so that the required space is achieved. Then the magic starts. Dr. Ahn is an artist. Your smile is his masterpiece. The results of his efforts are a fuller smile and improved facial contour. Dr. Ahn has been treating Invisalign cases for almost two decades. Less than 1% of his patients have had the need for a single let alone multiple teeth extractions.
Let’s talk about the trays themselves. The trays are incredibly thin and extremely comfortable. After the first day or two most patients forget that they are in their mouths. The trays are made of flexible plastic. In fact, Invisalign has patented this material under the name SmartTrack. The trays are easily cared for. We recommend soaking them in a solution of warm water and hydrogen peroxide in a 50:50 ratio. You may gently brush them using baking soda or toothpaste. The key is to be gentle so as not to scratch the surface. Most cases will use twenty to thirty trays. Although very rare, complicated cases can use fifty trays. Trays are changed every one to two weeks. In our office, you will be appointed every six to eight weeks to see Dr. Ahn so that he may fine-tune any adjustments that are needed and to give you your next set of trays. You will be wearing the trays twenty to twenty-two hours per day. Patients that are compliant do better and get faster results. We recommend that you do not eat with the trays. You may indeed drink water, but alas no alcohol while trays are in place. Patients are able to drink with a straw but again no liquid that could warp or stain the trays. If one forgets to wear their trays for a day or two, nothing tragic will happen. Simply place the last tray that was used (may feel tight) in your mouth and wear it twenty-two to twenty-three hours for one week before moving on to the next tray.
Schedule an Appointment with 172 NYC Dental for Invisalign Today
Invisalign is a comprehensive treatment of your entire mouth. We always treat both arches so that teeth, crowns, bridges, and implants all occlude properly. Many times we see improvement in the height and contour of the gingival tissue (gums) as they drape across the teeth. Dark triangles in the upper front teeth literally disappear as the teeth are gently rotated into the proper position. We treat people not only their teeth. Thus the effect of completed Invisalign therapy transcends the beautiful smile that we create. It redefines the entire individual. One of the most rewarding aspects for Dr. Ahn is not only the perfectly aligned, balanced, harmonious, and beautiful smile that he creates; it is seeing how people grow and prosper with their new smile. Confidence is restored and dignity returns. People excel at work and get promotions. Others meet new people, fall in love, and get married. Invisalign with Dr. Ahn at 172 NYC Dental is a stepping stone to a most healthy, happy, and fulfilling life.