Complimentary First Visit
172 NYC Dental offers a consultation with our cosmetic dentist at no charge. At this preliminary visit, we listen to you. We want to know your concerns, your expectations, your apprehensions. We will allay your fears, answer your questions, explain your treatment in detail and offer different treatment options. Our treatment coordinators will discuss fees, insurance coverage and payment plans with you.
If after the consultation you would like to go forward with the treatment we would go to the next step of taking dental records; which includes, radiographs, pictures, 3D scanning, and models. A fee is incurred at this stage and will be applied to the total case fee for the smile makeover.
How Long Does it Take to do a Smile Makeover?
The length of a smile makeover depends on several factors.
The overall health of the patient and the condition of the pre-existing teeth are very important. If there is dental pathology present i.e. periodontal disease, caries, need for root canal therapy, need for clear tray orthodontics, the pathological condition must be attended to before creating the beautiful smile. “We cannot build a palace in a swamp” is an adage that relates to this concept.
So if a patient is basically healthy and wants to whiten his smile, our laser in-office whitening takes only one visit. If a patient needs more extensive work, like veneers it takes two visits. If a patient needs implants it can take three to six months. We coordinate the visits as an adjunct to someone’s life. We go out of our way to accommodate our patients’ hectic schedules. Thus we are open seven days a week, with hours that start at 7:30 AM and end at 6:30 PM.
Cost of Smile Makeover
Everyone who is contemplating a smile makeover, justifiably, is concerned with fees. The concept of our fee schedule is to do the best work in NYC, with the most skilled experienced dentists, using cutting edge equipment and techniques, with the best materials and laboratory.
Coupled with that is a very reasonable fee schedule. 172 NYC Dental accepts major PPO insurances including Aetna, Cigna, Delta Dental, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and much more. Please be aware that if the procedures are performed with no existing dental pathology, they will be deemed esthetic and not a dental necessity and most likely not be covered by your insurance company. If your fee is over $5,000, we will include a teeth whitening at no additional expense.
Our experienced, caring treatment coordinators will guide you through the payment process. They will try to maximize your insurance coverage. They will present payment plans that allow you to have exquisite work while not intruding into your other financial commitments.
Smile Makeover Options
Many patients feel that a smile makeover is synonymous with porcelain veneers and crowns. 172 NYC Dental we are a multi-specialty practice. We present different options depending on the patient’s age, health, job description, desires, and finances. In general, the most conservative, intelligent, long-lasting, noninvasive, cosmetic, and financially prudent option is the way to go. We take incredible pride in our veneer and crown restorations; they are simply magnificent. However, a patient may need a whitening, Invisalign clear tray orthodontics, or esthetic recontouring instead of the veneers, thus saving time and money. There must be synergy, trust between the patient and us. We must make sure that the final result is what they want, and the patients must trust that we know the best.
Types of Procedures Used in Smile Makeover
1. Exams using digital radiographs, 3D Ct Scans, intraoral digital wands
3. Periodontal surgery including gingival recontouring to alleviate gummy smile. Dr. Wang, our board-certified periodontist, works in concert with our renowned cosmetic dentist, Dr. Benjamin Ifraimov. In these cases, the gingival curtain is lifted to expose more tooth, less gum, and then beautiful porcelain veneers are placed over the teeth to achieve a full and harmonious smile.
Some patients present with the opposite problem, that of receding gums. In these cases, Dr. Wang will skillfully use a graft site in the mouth to build up the gum tissue where it is deficient.
4. Porcelain veneers are a favorite of cosmetic dentists. In this situation patients present with broken, misshapen, discolored, rotated, or off-balanced teeth that are slightly crooked or have spaces between them. With minimal tooth preparation, the now prepared teeth are ready to accept thin veneers of porcelain that are bonded into place. Shape, color, and form blend together to achieve dramatic quick results.
5. Porcelain crowns and bridges are a mainstay in smile makeovers. Patients present with very severely broken teeth many times accompanied by missing teeth (where implants are not the best solution). These exquisite works of art are placed over the prepared teeth covering them all around (360 degrees). They can be individual or joined together with false teeth (pontics) to form a bridge that will replace existing teeth as well as the missing ones. These crowns and bridges are made of the finest porcelain; zirconia for strength and Emax for naturalness, translucency and overall beauty.
6. Porcelain onlays and fillings are used when the tooth is being preserved and the restoration is relatively small. Zirconia and Emax porcelain are used coupled with composite resins. We take great pride in matching the shade of the restoration to the tooth; making our restorations look invisible and feel seamless.
7. Implant crowns are the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. If a patient is eligible from a medical and dental standpoint this is the best, most long-lasting, functioning, and esthetic way to restore one’s smile that has missing teeth. There are two stages to the implants. In the first phase, the dentist l (with local anesthesia) will gently place the implant into the jaw bone. The procedure takes about twenty minutes. The implant is made of titanium, it is in essence a false root, and acts as the anchor to the completed restoration. The titanium has the unique characteristic that allows the jaw bone to bond into the implant. This process is called osseointegration. It usually takes about three months to be completed. At the end of three months, the second stage (restorative) takes place. Here the cosmetic dentist (prosthodontist) takes over and places an abutment into the implant. The abutment is a post that screws into the implant which is now buried in the bone. The abutment juts out of the gum. This structure is the support that will hold the final, beautiful porcelain crown ( that goes over the abutment). These restorations are magnificent because the finished implant-supported crown is exactly like a natural tooth. Our patients can eat, speak, floss, kiss and smile with complete confidence.
8. Invisalign clear tray orthodontics has been an amazing boon to modern cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers. In the hands of our nationally renowned Invisalign specialist, Dr. Benjamin Ahn, dental miracles really do happen. With the use of ultra-thin, clear (almost invisible) aligners; which are tiny trays that fit over all the teeth in the arch, your teeth are gently moved into proper alignment. Dr. Ahn can correct buck teeth, overbites, underbites, crossbites, crowded teeth, and spacing. All of this is done without anesthesia, drills, or any invasive treatment. A small wand with a tiny light at the tip scans your mouth thus creating models and aligners that correct the malocclusion.
9. Teeth whitening. In keeping with our precept of treating an entire person when we do smile makeovers, in any case over $5,000, 172 NYC Dental includes the laser Zoom whitening at no charge. The Zoom technique is very effective for whitening teeth up to six shades after one treatment. The treatment takes about 90 minutes. Results last anywhere from 1-2 years depending upon the patient’s habits ( Wine, coffee, tea, smoking). In some cases, patients arrive unhappy with their smile expecting extensive work. If their mouths are basically healthy and in good alignment, a Zoom teeth whitening is a quick, easy and inexpensive way of brightening one’s smile.
Learn More About Smile Makeovers at Our Manhattan Practice
When it comes to smile makeovers,
no two cases are the same. That is why you need a team that sees you as a whole person instead of just looking at your dental concerns.
When you come to 172 NYC Dental, you will work with the same group of dental professionals throughout your treatment, from consultation until you have your dream smile. If you would like to learn more about how we work together to help you achieve a smile makeover, schedule a consultation at 172 NYC Dental today to learn more about our treatment plans.