Oral hygiene and early dental intervention continue to improve with each passing year. However, many patients have missing teeth or need teeth extractions that then require restoration services. Implant Dentistry gives our patients a safe and predictable option to replace a missing tooth or even multiple teeth with incredible results.
At 172 NYC Dental, our dental practice specializes in comprehensive dental care, from general checkups to implant placement. Every step of the way, you will work with the same group of dental professionals, ensuring an unparalleled continuum of care.
Book an appointment
What Are the Causes of Tooth Loss?
Despite regular brushing, you may end up needing a dental extraction. A variety of factors can lead to tooth loss, such as:
- Damage caused by extensive dental decay
- Trauma leading to badly broken or damaged teeth
- Periodontal disease, which can cause loose teeth
- Systemic problems that result in tooth loss
How to Prevent Tooth Loss
As a patient at 172 NYC Dental, you can trust us to do everything we can to prevent tooth loss by offering a variety of dental and periodontic treatments. Our ultimate goal is to prevent tooth loss through our comprehensive list of dental services, yet dental extraction may be the best option for your overall oral hygiene. While extraction is deemed a last resort, it is not as scary an option as it used to be thanks to Implant Dentistry.
Implant Dentistry involves safely and efficiently replacing one or multiple teeth. With cutting-edge technology and a deep understanding of dental anatomy, we place implants with incredible results while keeping the overall cost down. As a result, what was once a privilege to a select few is now available for all patients.
If the 172 NYC Dental team feels that extraction is the best option for you, we can perform this procedure right away and replace the extracted tooth with a dental implant. Dental implants and implant-supported teeth restorations are durable, effective, and realistic in appearance.
How to Restore Missing Teeth
Patients of 172 NYC Dental have many options when it comes to restoring missing teeth. Our team will make sure you thoroughly understand the pros and cons of each choice and help you decide which solution is right for you. Plus, the entire process will take place in-house, from extraction to implant placement.
We invite you to peruse our Implant Dentistry service pages to learn more about each restorative option, including:
- Dental implant: Dental implants are dental devices used to replace missing teeth.
- Implant porcelain crowns and bridges: While a dental implant and implant crown can be used to replace a single tooth, an implant-supported bridge can replace a span of three to 12 teeth.
- All-on-4 dental implants and implant dentures: This option is an excellent solution for restoring a full mouth of missing teeth.
- Same-day dental implants: In the right circumstances, you may be able to receive immediate implant placement the same day as your extraction.
- Full mouth reconstruction: If you have severely compromised teeth and gums, full mouth reconstruction can be used to bring a smile to your face and restore full function to your mouth.