Sedation Dentistry Specialists in New York
Fear of the dentist is a common phobia experienced by many patients. This anxiety prevents people from getting essential dental care and hygiene services. At 172 NYC Dental, we specialize in sedation dentistry as a way to ensure our patients are comfortable and relaxed before, during and after most treatments we provide. If you struggle with dental phobia, learn how our sedation dentists can put your fears to rest.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry describes the use of specialized medications and sedation techniques designed to help you feel more relaxed during your dental procedures. Sedation can be used for a variety of dental services, from complex oral surgery to your regular dental checkup and cleaning.
If you are interested in sedation, the team at 172 NYC Dental will take the time to explain which option is best for your needs.
If you tend to be anxious about the dentist, we are here to alleviate your fears. Sedation dentistry can be used to help a variety of patients:
Book an appointment
- Those with dental phobia or severe anxiety
- Those who fear needles
- Those with sensitive teeth
- Those with a sensitive gag reflex
- Those with difficulty getting numb
- Those with extensive dental needs
- Those with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s and dementia
Types of Dental Sedation Offered at 172 NYC Dental
Depending on your unique needs, we offer a couple of different dental sedation services:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas): Nitrous oxide is a gas that is inhaled through a mask placed over your nose. It is more commonly referred to as laughing gas because it produces a light level of relaxation and sedation. Once the mask is removed, the effects of nitrous oxide wear off quickly, making it possible to drive yourself home after your treatment. Laughing gas is administered under the watchful eye of our dental team. It has no side effects and very few potential risks or complications.
- IV sedation: For those who require a deeper state of relaxation, IV sedation produces a deep calm without putting you to sleep. IV sedation involves a combination of analgesics and sedative drugs administered intravenously into your bloodstream by a specialized dental professional. The effects are almost instant and you should fully recover within 24 hours with limited side effects. IV sedation is especially useful for lengthy and invasive dental procedures.
Learn More About Sedation Dentistry at 172 NYC Dental
Our multi-specialty dental practice is proud to offer a continuum of care that you will not find anywhere else. From common dental treatments to cosmetic procedures and in-depth periodontal services, your oral health needs will be coordinated among all our dental specialists under one roof. No matter what type of dental procedure you require, we can provide sedation services to ensure your treatment is as relaxing and comfortable as possible.
If you would like to learn how our dentists incorporate laughing gas and other sedation dentistry techniques into our list of services, schedule your free consultation today.
Schedule an appointment today!